Friday, November 5, 2010

Thou shall not consume more than 1500 calories

The publicity and marketing girls are so woefully petite and stereotypically feminine. Each has their own personality; likes, dislikes, favourite sayings, etc. But they are also all finely attuned to the happenings of every celebrity, have that instinctual flair for fashion that I call casual chic (how on earth can high waisted jeans and cowboy top look so damn stylish?!?!) and are all naturally skinny.


I was craving something hot and tasty so went to McDonalds and bought a Quarter Pounder meal. When I brought it back to the office, one of the marketing girls said 'I can smell fried food and carbs!' Instant guilt trip.


I can forsee one of two things happening: I am either completely turned off eating by being surrounded by waifs and become rakishly thin also; or I get so self-conscious about my body image that I end up in a binge-eating death spiral that ends with me unable to fit in the elevators.


Note to self: Anything but salads must be consumed in privacy.


No comments:

Post a Comment