Monday, October 25, 2010

An Ode to Bridget Jones

In celebration of starting my new role as a publicist for a major publishing house, I thought it would be best to watch my favourite movie about another publicist - Bridget Jones's Diary.






Never a fan of the book, I think on-screen Bridget is absolutely brilliant and I have now watched this movie so many times I can quote large chunks of it.


One would hope, however, that at launch parties I am slightly more elegant under pressure. Perhaps it is best I try to avoid the microphone... I also have somewhat better fashion sense than poor Bridget and while I may 'fanny about with press releases' it is highly unlikely that I will be wearing a see-through top or non-existent skirt.


But she is a quirky, pie-in-the-sky daydreamer and I will never tire of this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment